[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is the dumbest thing ever

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 6 14:31:12 PDT 2008

Andy F wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 10:46 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> That means .06% of Germans have no health insurance for some reason
>> (undefined) and are not in a position to be able to afford private
>> insurance.
>>

> Christ, John. It's not "An injury to more than 0.06%" now, is it?

No, it means someone who thinks that 99.94 percent of the population insured or wealthy enough to choose no insurance is equal to universal coverage does not qualify as an idiot. AN is dissatisfied with the German system and thinks anyone who disagrees this his/her knowledgeable opinion is a starry-eyed fool. It's entirely possible to think of the German system as great since such opinions are relative and compared to the US system the German one is indeed great. It is the best possible system? No one has stated that opinion as far as I can see but one must hate the German system or else be though of as nothing but a capitalist tool in AN's opinion. AN's "more radical than thou" attitude is more than slightly annoying at times.

John Thornton