[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that "Stuff White People Like" is thedumbest thing ever

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 7 08:30:46 PDT 2008

Angelus Novus wrote:

> I would be a fool to post on a public forum openly
> criticizing capital and the state without using a
> pseudonym.

I'm pretty ignorant about German affairs, but one doesn't have to have read much about the Federal Republic of Germany over the last 40 years to know that, _so far_, bourgeois freedoms, such as they are, flourish more in the u.s. than in Germany. So I can appreciate Angel's pos

And another thing. The drearier features of this e-mail list is the dependnence of so many of its posters, led by its moderator, to focus on persons rather than arguments. Angel's arguments are valid or invalid completely independently of who or what he is!~ Hence not only the irrelevance but the poison of the following:

> Wotjek: if you were someone who has guts to put his name
> > where his mouth is I would reply

Carrol