[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is thedumbest thing ever

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Mon Apr 7 09:53:07 PDT 2008

On Mon, April 7, 2008 8:30 am, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I'm pretty ignorant about German affairs, but one doesn't have to have
> read much about the Federal Republic of Germany over the last 40 years to
> know that, _so far_, bourgeois freedoms, such as they are, flourish more
> in the u.s. than in Germany.

I assume that by "bourgeois freedoms" you mean the freedom of Capital to crush and maim human beings under its silicon heel -- in which case, yes, the US is indeed the world's leading playground of the Invisible Hand. Which is why this place ranks #42 in life expectancy and #36 in infant mortality, but #1 in per capita prisoners and genocidal imperial wars.

-- DRR