[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that "Stuff White People Like" is the dumbest thing ever

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 14:55:37 PDT 2008

--- Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski
> <swsokolowski at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > PS. I read the respective passage from "Stuff
> White
> > People Like" and found it rather silly. It looks
> like
> > anoher example of internet trolling - in this case
> by
> > a rightwing agent provocateur or perhaps a fratboy
> > trying to stir some commotion by impersonating a
> black
> > person hurling racist slurs at white people.
> Indeed,
> > on the internet, nobody knows that one is a dog.
>

> Wojtek, what the hell are you talking about?
> Christian Lander is now a
> public figure with a book deal who has never, to the
> best of my knowledge,
> concealed his ethnicity. (His political and
> fraternity affiliations,
> however, remain mysteries to me.)

[WS:] What difference does his ethnicity make? The stuff on health that was referenced in the posting to which I replied was the first one I read by him, and I am afraid the last one. What he wrote looks like sheer trolling, if not plain idiocy, and I see no reason why I should waste my time on reading more. And that his book sells? BFD. I do not waste my time on most cultural products that sell in this country.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com