[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Apr 8 13:54:39 PDT 2008

>> I believe, however, that transportation infrastructure (along with a
>> host of other things, all of them Good For You And Yours) ought to be
>> significantly subsidized by the government.
>
> So... users should bear internalized transportation costs apart from
> "infrastructure", which should come out of the general fund?

I'm not drawing a distinction between operating costs and capital costs, if that's what you're getting at. I already told you that I didn't think it needs to be free, just that this step toward making it more expensive than it already is -- and doing it in one of the least efficient ways possible, by tolls -- is a bad idea.

/jordan