[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 8 14:19:50 PDT 2008

> When I lived in Manhattan years ago I lived on the east side.
I didn't own a car and didn't recall that being a problem or the east side being a transit desert. Has NYC changed that much?

John, the only thing that has changed is that there are more cars on Manhattan roads than ever before. The east side still has all of its buses which will travel with greater ease once the cars are thinned out.

> Is the east side really a transit desert?

Only in Woody Allen movies and he gets rid of black people too.

Brian