[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 8 14:23:53 PDT 2008

>So the friend you spoke with about this morning's drive, is his name Biff or Muffy?

He is definitely a Biff. Comes from money. I chatise him all the time for not using public transpotation, but the grip of hyperindividualism is strong upon him. His addiction to his car is like that of an addict to her heroin. The only way to get people to break the habit is to price them out of it. No matter how attractive the alternative, the mania for the private vehicle wins.

Brian