[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 8 15:07:04 PDT 2008

Earlier, Brian wrote:

>Admittedly, subways are not attractive (and never will be) to those spoiled
>souls raised in suburbia who never get the hang of urban living

But a paper Jordan has cited here before says:

"New York City residents account for an estimated 80% of miles traveled in autos in New York City, while suburban residents account for 20% of auto miles traveled." http://www.schallerconsult.com/pub/cityinflux.pdf (p. 7)

"Facts are stupid things."

Ronald Reagan