[lbo-talk] brain teaser

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Apr 9 15:16:45 PDT 2008

At 01:26 PM 4/9/2008, Matt wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:57:42PM -0600, John Thornton wrote:
>
> > Besides, did astronauts really carry hand-guns when they went to the
> > moon?
> > Do they carry them now?
>
>John, don't suck the fun out of the image of Shagarella shooting her
>way across moon chasms as moon-monsters nip at her 6" astro-pumps.
>This is an old exercise appropriated by corporations to teach skills
>in setting priorities and teamwork (it is usually a group activity).
>In NASA's own ranking the guns are near the bottom, but above bulky
>foods (the list has food covered with something non-bulky), solar
>powered heater (useless on dark side, not needed on light), a magnetic
>compass, and lastly - a box of matches.
>
>So I doubt astronauts are really bringing weapons. Far more
>frightening is that they bring along our future evil robot overlord:
>
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080401.html

yup. the trainer lives in Houston and she got it from a visit to the Houston Space Museum.

Also, I wanted to know: would I propel myself backward or forward? I'd be afraid I'd shoot my head off if I tried to shoot behind me while facing forward. But if I had my back to the direction I wanted to go, well, here's hoping no space boulders get in my way, eh? :)