[lbo-talk] Comparative Mcdonaldsology

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Apr 14 10:40:20 PDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Chris Doss wrote:

> The ad on the Mcdonald's window claims three months' working at Mickey
> D's will pay for a year at a university, and one month will get you a
> laptop computer (or "noutbuk," as Babelfish puts it). My
> not-hugely-expensive laptop cost about $800 half a year ago.

If they are just counting your gross pay (assuming you are a student who is living at home), you could make the same claim about minimum wage here (about how you could earn $800 in a month).

And if advertising in Russia is anything like advertising here, I'll bet that's just how they're measuring it.

Michae