[lbo-talk] LBO's Union Experts, I Call Upon Ye!

Eubulides prince.plumples at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 12:44:00 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Charles Brown <charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> Eubulides
>

> ================
>
> This is to collapse the distinction between strategic public policies
> to avert large scale political competition and conspiracy, in order to
> rescue the latter term from pejorative uses. Why not just talk/write
> about public policies and their intended and unintended consequences,
> lest you slip down the slope to the problems associated with
> functionalism...............
>
> ^^^
> CB: If you agree to a ten year moratorium on the terms "conspiracy
> theory" , deal.

If you and others misdescribe/misanalyze various episodes and or patterns in history as conspiracies without clear and substantive definitions of your terms in a manner that have considerable explanatory advantages that other terms and narratives don't, folks on this list are gonna call u on it. So just stop deploying the terms where they don't apply.