[lbo-talk] Obama gains on "electability"

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 08:32:28 PDT 2008

C. Grimes:

For each of the issues, what the Democrats under Obama must do is create the educational background or foundation in advance of major policy drives. The war. The economy. The health of the nation. The schools. The major infrastructure.... etc, etc, etc. Yes find the facts that fit the story---but we already know most of these facts are there and do fit the story.

That would indeed be a good thing.

However, right now, I'm thinking of the odds of 99942 Apophis hitting Earth.

According to NASA's calculations, there's a 1 in 45,000 chance of the big guy kissing us goodnight in 2036 (calm down space rock geeks, that German kid's revisions are wrong).

Do you believe there are better odds of us seeing the Democrats -- under either candidate -- create the sort of educational background you're describing?

.d.

-- Yuri, please switch the camera to AGC mode using the ATV control. Copy.

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/