[lbo-talk] origins of a cliche

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Apr 18 16:51:52 PDT 2008

you know, one advantage of working for small companies, start ups and academia is the relative absence of bullshittery business cliches.

I came home today, turned on NPR and had to listen to "it is what it is" wafting from the speakers. after listening to it far too often at work.

who is the clown who started that expression because I'd like to blast my shagarella space gun into his red rubber nose.

google did learn me that the expression was voted the most overused business cliche in 2004. why didn't it die 3 years ago then? why? why? why?

that is all.

:p