[lbo-talk] Bolivia, etc.

Julio Huato juliohuato at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 04:07:50 PDT 2008

I wonder if there are lurkers here with first-hand information about the situation in Bolivia. For what I read, it seems to me that the plan laid out by Rice in her visit to South America has been set off. The immediate goal: break up Bolivia, separate the region with low lands, hidrocarbons, and whites from the region with high lands, coca, and Indians. I guess the U.S. decided that Bolivia is the weakest link of the chain of left-wing governments in South America. Yet the chain that keeps expanding: Lugo just won the elections in Paraguay. Also, Lula just launched a blistering attack on corn-based ethanol targeted to the U.S.