[lbo-talk] Reading suggestions needed

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 06:36:01 PDT 2008

The problem with Goldhagen is not his Zionism, but his incompetence in the use of primary sources. This is probably due to his training as a political scientist rather than a historian. Political scientists receive absolutely no training in archival research. Rather than Goldhagen, read Christopher Browning's book, Ordinary Men. Browning and Goldhagen draw on the same archival source, but Browning knows what he's doing. MM