[lbo-talk] SEIU black leaders protest LN action

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Apr 21 07:21:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 5:32 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Shane,
>
> Apparently, I'm much more stupid than even I've ever suspected. But
> when, exactly, did CNA offer to organize, much less represent, the
> health care workers we're discussing in Ohio?

The SEIU called off the election. Do they have such contempt for Ohio nurses that they are afraid that a call for a "no" vote by a California union that offered no possibility of organization or representation would influence even a single vote? Or were they afraid that Ohio nurses would perceive the CNA as a real alternative?

And what about the SEIU raid based on the government-sponsored disenfranchisement of Puerto Rican teachers? This is a question, by the way.

> This is a question, by the way.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...it consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos