[lbo-talk] SEIU black leaders protest LN action

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 11:21:16 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:

> The SEIU called off the election. Do they have such contempt for Ohio
> nurses that they are afraid that a call for a "no" vote by a
> California union that offered no possibility of organization or
> representation would influence even a single vote? Or were they
> afraid that Ohio nurses would perceive the CNA as a real alternative?

Shane, I can only assume that you have never organized a bargaining unit of two, since only someone with that lack of experience would confuse a realistic understanding of the difficulties of winning an election - any election - with "contempt." Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I can't imagine that I am.

> And what about the SEIU raid based on the government-sponsored
> disenfranchisement of Puerto Rican teachers? This is a question, by
>
> the way.

What about it? I have never presented myself, here or anywhere else, as a spokesman for Andy Stern. You, on the other hand, have presented yourself most explicitly as a defender of CNA's Ohio union-busting.