[lbo-talk] To each according to work

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 22 16:56:53 PDT 2008

--- Ted Winslow <egwinslow at rogers.com> wrote:

For instance, is it true
> that human being
> is the being whose "nature" is the potential to
> become fully
> rationally self-determined?

Chris responded:

I don't think the concept of being fully rationally self-determined makes any sense outside of a Kantian or Absolute Idealist ontology, and in the latter case it folds into the self-determination of God. *********

We create God. Perhaps when we realize that, we'll dispense with the need to look to outside, imagined, Ideal authority to tell us what to do...we'll become "rationally self-determined". Perhaps then, we'll realize that expanding the realm free-time is at the core of the social revolution.

Mike B) is at the core of socially

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail