[lbo-talk] I Hate Daniel Goldhagen. (Was Re: Readingsuggestions needed

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 04:30:17 PDT 2008

andie:

"Of course, UM is a real school, not a collection of intellectual prima donnas."

I'll take your word for it. But as someone who lives down the block from the main campus, I'm constantly amazed by the, err, shallowness of the UM students I overhear in local shops. My fave to date was an undergrad talking about some poli-sci prof to her friend, and she said, "So there I was, thinking in my mind . . ."

That's the best place for thoughts, baby. Onward to your BA!

Dennis