[lbo-talk] Raw video of LN conference contradicts CNA propaganda

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:13:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:45 PM, <wrobert at uci.edu> wrote:

> The SEIU story seems to change from day to day. At first it was charging
> hordes of "CNA thugs" against the peaceful yet doughty knights of SEIU,
> now its 'nothing happened.' This is beginning to remind me of Freud's
> broken kettle. robert wood

I used the term "CNA thug" in half-jest on this list in reference to the arrest for battery of a CNA organizer at an SEIU represented hospital in CA. After Doug objected on the belief that real thuggery involves the use of brass knuckles and punches to the kidneys, I agreed that it was a poor choice of words on my part. This incident of course predates the LN episode.

If you've got something else -- which doesn't conflate two distinct incidents -- that demonstrates a change in SEIU's story on Dearborn, by all means share it now. SEIU's version of the LN conference has remained constant from the beginning: a relatively peaceful protest against unionbusting.