[lbo-talk] I Hate Daniel Goldhagen. (Was Re: Reading suggestions needed

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 21:20:24 PDT 2008

There is absolutely no evidence that the Doctor's Plot was a prelude to some kind of anti-Jewish mass killing. I just read Zhores Medvedev's book on this. Actually Stalin never engaged in mass killing of anybody on ethnic grounds.

Stalin did scatter the Volga Germans through alien lands, but he didn't actually kill them. They're still around. They speak a variant of Plattdeutsch Swabian dialect, or so I have been told.

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just to start with. Never mind that mass killing on
> ethnic and other bases was the rule in war for
> millenia, as Chris and I have discussed. And Then
> there are the Turks in Armenia, the Japanese in
> China, the Russians and Volga Germans and the Polish
> intelligentsia -- and the Stalinist were working up
> to the Jews in the Doctor's Plot, this was _after_
> Auschwitz.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ