[lbo-talk] DC Dems cravenly distance selves from 2 candidates, healthcare ideals

Jenny Brown jbrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Apr 25 10:44:48 PDT 2008

>>?We all know there is not enough money to do all this
>>stuff,? said Sen. Jay Rockefeller

^^^^
>CB: Not enough money ? How much money is there "in" the US ? "in" the military budget ? "In" Wallstreet ?

^^^

As a friend quips, "Nobody has that kind of money. Well, except health insurance companies."

Clinton's and Obama's plans are so expensive because they're essentially a subsidy to private insurance. The only reason to spend more public money is to subsidize our insurance industry, which is unable to keep customers for its expensive and unreliable product. On a per person basis, we're already spending more public money (if you include tax breaks) than most countries do to cover their whole population under a national system.

Jenny Brown