[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 25 18:00:19 PDT 2008

Michael McIntyre wrote:
> Krugman suggests, in his NYT column today, that people are starting
> to see through Obama's bullshit and like Hillary better because she
> talks about real policy.

How is Obama's BS more noticeable than Clinton's? They're identical bullshitters. Clinton's policy comments are almost totally without substance. Not totally, but almost totally.

> Wishful thinking on his part, I think,
> though he's right that on policy Hillary is probably a smidgen to
> Obama's left.

Other than a moratorium on foreclosures and mandated health care enrollment (which some think inconsequential) what other differences are there? I've admittedly lost much interest in this contest and have been paying less attention than I was a few months ago..

> I think it's because negative campaigning works, and not just in this
> case.

Unfortunately for all the complaining people do about hating negative campaigns they do seem to work. Either Obama is going to have to be just as negative about Clinton or he's going to continue to lose ground.

John Thornton