[lbo-talk] Raw video of LN conference contradicts CNA propaganda

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:08:37 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Give it up, Mark. Those who believe that union-busting should be
> redressed through amiable debates, with neutral moderators and
> refreshments in the back of the room, will not be convinced by
> anything we have to say.
>
> (I am disappointed, though, at how positively legion such people appear to be.)

Maybe you're right. But I remain optimistic that those I otherwise believe to be astute observers of contemporary life can see that what the CNA did in OH was reprehensible, and can achieve a more nuanced view of SEIU and its role in the economy and politics today.

The Stalinist / cult comments don't give me hope, however. Old habits die hard, I guess. Pass the purple kool-aid! :)