[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:43:12 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Charles Brown <charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> Why haven't all you "lefties" been defending O's left analysis of
> working class bitterness due to economic hardship ?

I would hardly call an analysis whose most practical applications come straight from Karl Rove's playbook "left." In fact, I might go so far as to call it "right."

But "left," "right," or "center," it was certainly "boneheaded" as Obama phrased it. Why shouldn't people in regions wracked by unemployment and economic compression feel a bit of "anti-trade sentiment"? However we wish to calculate NAFTA job losses, they've been substantial, no?