[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sun Apr 27 16:57:54 PDT 2008

>>> "Joseph Catron"
On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Charles Brown
:

> Why haven't all you "lefties" been defending O's left analysis of
> working class bitterness due to economic hardship ?

I would hardly call an analysis whose most practical applications come straight from Karl Rove's playbook "left." In fact, I might go so far as to call it "right."

^^^^^ CB: If you did , you would be wrong.

^^^^

But "left," "right," or "center," it was certainly "boneheaded" as Obama phrased it. Why shouldn't people in regions wracked by unemployment and economic compression feel a bit of "anti-trade sentiment"? However we wish to calculate NAFTA job losses, they've been substantial, no?

^^^ CB: Pointing to working class bitterness over losing their jobs is left.

No doubt you are purposely ignoring the guns and religion aspect of the comment ,which was what was emphasized in the media, not the anti-trade sentiment, which was just a misstatement by O.

The reference to religion is almost straight Marx. Even the rightwingers got that correct. Crystal and others literally called O a "Marxist" on television. The rightwingers didn't say "oh that's the same thing we think". They said "O" is an"elitist and a Marxist ".

The rightwingers can spot a left remark better than this "lleft" list can.