[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 18:51:43 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the leap from "poorer people tend to be more religious" to
> "poorer people tend to be more religious BECAUSE THEY'RE BITTER" is,
> to say the least, a tenuous one.

This will be my final post for the evening - and this time, I'm not lying.

But I should note that Jonathan Gruber has found decidedly materialistic reasons for religiosity.

The specific income hike he determined was, IIRC, 10%.

Of course, I'm unsure how "religious market density" might work in some of the Pennsylvania regions Obama addressed. I've visited Appalachian towns that felt like they had 20 families and 30 Baptist churches.