[lbo-talk] Nicole Richie endorses Obama

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 29 13:30:36 PDT 2008

At 01:04 PM 4/29/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>I'm not immersed in it, but I do know who Miley Cyrus is.

Did you know she's writing her memoirs?

>[WS:] I do not really understand what is so special
>about being immersed in popular culture.

If you knew who Miley Cyrus was you'd know something about the tween market, a big chunk of the U.S. economy.

Another reason to be interested in pop culture is you can impress your kid. My daughter and I were behind Lindsey Lohan in the checkout line at a little grocery store on Sunday. I spotted her first and scored big points when I subtly let the kid know she was there.

"See what you learn when you cross cultures and shit?" Christopher Moltisanti

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iwNLa7npzA56tXlURRGyhCftVU2g