[lbo-talk] Obama: not the anti-Christ, but sorta like Him

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 07:53:54 PDT 2008

Funny how this keeps coming up. Back in '80, when I was in the Army, there was this hot, young Pfc. named "Bambi" who most guys in my barracks wanted to nail. She was pretty dumb, but beautiful, and she had this weird religious angle on things. As Reagan campaigned against Carter, Bambi was convinced that the old actor was the Anti-Christ.

"How can you tell?" I asked.

"His first, middle, and last names have six letters in them. 666."

"Hmmm. That's interesting. How about you and I go out and discuss it?"

Which we did. Unlike the other guys, I actually talked to her and tried to take her seriously. Well, okay, maybe not too seriously. If nothing else, she was lovely to look at. When she discovered that I was working for John Anderson, she got turned on, as Anderson was seen by the mainstream as a "rebel" candidate, and we had a nice little fling.

Like I said -- weird.

Dennis