[lbo-talk] Anti Semitism in East Europe and Russia

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Aug 6 09:13:37 PDT 2008

>>> Chris Doss

It's possible logically, but you do see the thought process behind it?

Let's use an example of a similar, hypothetical thought process. America is a deeply racist society, and therefore anything the American government does involving black people must have some racist reason. The quantum of racism in US society never changes -- it simply becomes shifted into new forms. It's a constant. Therefore, affirmative action must have been performed for some racist reason -- we must simply look for it, as we know a priori it must be there! Welfare was created to keep black people dependent and poor. If Obama becomes president, there must be a racist reason motivating his secret KKK handlers.

^^^ CB: However , the problem with public discourse and major media discussion of racism and its impact on Black people in the US is _not_ that it is mentioned too much, but that it is not mentioned enough. Your concern about racism being presented as a cause or factor in some US political, social or economic situation too much is the opposite of the truth.