[lbo-talk] Anti Semitism in East Europe and Russia

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Aug 7 11:16:11 PDT 2008

How did I survive the Middle Passage?

I'm guessing Chris is being ironic but I don't know why.

My family was, literally bought out of Romania, as were many Jews. That's just a fact.

I didn't say it was slavery.

But there used to be a very good joke related to this issue:

"Brezhnev goes to visit the U.S. and he is shown Fort Knox. Passage after passage, lock after lock, gate after gate, door after door....they progress >..... (it's a hairy dog joke somewheat).....till they finally come to the big pile of gold.

The American looks at Breshnev and says, "so, have you got anything like this in the Soviet Union?" and Breshnev, shaking his head, answers...

"No, In the Soviet Union, man is the highest form of capital!!!"

----------- But seriously, all I was commenting about was the relative stink of organized religion. As the child of a mixed marriage, I could smell it wherever I went.

Joanna