[lbo-talk] South Ossetia

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 17:11:10 PDT 2008

What should Russia have done as a reaction to a shelling of a city of its allies, 90% of whom are Russian citizens? Sit blithely by? Jesus.

I think it's almost certain Tbilisi expected US support. Doesn't seem to have happened.

I heard reports that initially Georgian troops were dressed in US military uniforms (complete with flag on shoulder) in the belief that Ossetians and Russians would not fire on them. IF THIS IS TRUE, this is a violation of so so so many rules of war...