[lbo-talk] 3rd party candidates getting zip

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 13 06:50:35 PDT 2008

On Aug 13, 2008, at 7:01 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> ....There is basically no support for third-party candidates in the
> U.S. this year, though you'd never know that by reading some left-
> wing forums...

Gallup admits its falsification--only using questions that cast no doubt on the "horserace" propaganda of the MSM. As I wrote recently (July 29):

"Such polls are just noise, and not only because they have never been of any use so far from the election. The fact is that the pollsters, nearly all of them capitalist firms, have an enormous financial interest in the outcome of their polls: the demand for their product depends on a perception that the election is *close*. And their control over their own methodology, especially question formulation and weighting of respondents, enables them to get as close a result as they want every time. Incidentally, an honest question--used by no poll as far as I know-- would be this:

"do you expect to vote for: -the Republican candidate -the Democratic candidate -a Third-Party candidate -no preference yet"

And an honest weighting would be no weighting at all. A truly random survey needs none if large enough (another example of profit-seeking trumping honesty is the inadequate sample size of all the polls)."

I repeat: the *only* honest question was not asked by Gallup--and will not be. Gallup is, in this respect, an organ of ruling-class mindfucking, nothing more. The only issue of importance to them (aside from keeping the horeserace as close as possible) is to keep third-party candidates out of the presidential debate, and, above all, out of the "Presidential Debates."

Shane Mage

"This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire, kindling in measures and going out in measures."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 30