[lbo-talk] Image Restoration via Truthiness: American Media and Russia

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Aug 14 08:10:51 PDT 2008

>>> "rayrena"

A thought-experiment: If proper names in the conversations about this war were changed, would people on this list be so sure in their moral clarity? That is, if one substituted the name Bush for Putin and United States for Russia, would people be so keen to plea for someone to stop the assault? Or would those actions be called "humanitarian imperialism" or some such?

^^^^ CB: I read this thread late, but I didn't notice much of this list criticizing Russia.