[lbo-talk] Image Restoration via Truthiness: American Media and Russia

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 12:33:01 PDT 2008

HE doesn't care, Doug, and that is the problem here.

The OP is thinking the problem is American gullibility when the problem - and here we are talking about the press problem to which the OP referred - is that Putin doesn't even care enough to spin this thing properly.

That, to me, is evidence he's a dangerously self-involved thug who will make misjudgments like this because he long ago stopped caring what people think of him.

Political leaders really, really should care what people think of them. It's kinda their job.

Putin is acting as a General, not a President/Premier/Prime Minister/Populist Peronist Political Person.