[lbo-talk] Odd marketing: DVD of movie "Reds" packaged with INXS, A-Ha! CD at Target

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 12:36:26 PDT 2008

My aunt in the Dallas area just wrote me to tell me Target was selling a special edition of the DVD "Reds" (you know, the movie with Jean Stapleton as Emma Goldman, Warren Beatty as John Reed, showing the IWW, etc.) packaged with an 80s music sampler CD featuring INXS, Erasure, A-Ha, and others.

The total package is labeled "I LOVE THE 80s!" on the cover.

What the hell...? PoMO infiltration into entertainment marketing departments these days, or...?

-B.