[lbo-talk] Russia's Blessedly Brief, Defensive War Of Occupation - Toonces Darn Mad

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 23:19:59 PDT 2008

Everybody knows that when we do it it is not bullying and intimidation.

At the National Portrait Gallery in DC there is a sign next to LBJ's pic which refers with a perfectly straight face to his response to "communist aggression in Vietnam," that is, the attempt, ultimately successful, by the Vietnamese, under their popularly chosen leaders, to expel a foreign occupation force that was propping up a hated puppet dictatorship and killing what turned out to be literally millions of people. But they were the aggressors because they had the chutzpah to oppose our high minded disinterested quest for peace, freedom, justice, equality, and Bentham.

Or think of Bush's warnings to Iran that foreign intervention will not be tolerated in Iraq. We are apparently a Middle Eastern country, not foreign. Iran is not a Middle Eastern country. It is foreign. . That is because our legitimate interest have no bounds, but our Official enemies have no legitimate interests, except to obey without question