[lbo-talk] Sad Leninism.

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Mon Aug 18 08:57:05 PDT 2008

Wendy:

>Sigh. The citizenship of the people involved was used as justification
>for actions carried out in response to an act of extreme violence
>perpetrated against those people.

Two questions: Where do/did you stand on the NATO war in Kosovo? And where is the evidence of "extreme violence"? Yes, some nasty weaponry was used, but so far the massacre seems to be fictive, as a small percentage of the purported bodies have been accounted for.

Call me skeptical, but when capitalist states claim to go to war for humanitarian purposes, I think it's generally a good idea to assume that their aims lie elsewhere. But again, maybe I'm just cynical.

> I haven't heard anybody
>extrapolating that into a position that invasion is ok under any and
>all other circumstances.

Russia apparently has.