[lbo-talk] What They Teach You at Harvard Business School

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:38:12 PDT 2008

shag <shag at cleandraws.com> writes:

> At 02:57 PM 8/20/2008, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>>http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article4443213.ece
>>
>> to enroll in Harvard's world-famous MBA course. . .

Reminds me of the old tv commercial hawking Commercial Drivers License training. "You too, can drive the big rigs!", was the pitch. Except after spending $175,000 at HBS, you still can't drive a truck.

> basically, conflict resolution is: how to manipulate people. you are
> told always, always to listen. most important thing. but you listen
> for a reason: to find the hooks where you need to shape the other
> person's reality.

George W. Bush has one of these coveted MBA's. He must have studied extra hard in Reality Shapin' 101 to be able to manipulate people while rarely forming an actual grammatical sentence.