[lbo-talk] Proposed Titles for My Intriguing Book of Intrigue Ripped from Today's Blogs!

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 15:03:56 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 2:41 PM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> You can farm out the writing of the plot details (at least the particulars
> of the nefarious Russians) to boddi satva who knows more about Putin and
> pipelines than anyone else alive.

No, but I'm apparently one of the few here who reads the news and retains all the facts, not just the ones that are convenient. For example, there's the guy who wrote this:

"Having seen the pictures from Tskhinvali I don't see how the toll could be less than 1000."

Well, last I read, South Ossetia itself had reduced its claim to 200 dead civilians. But as this person also said "everybody lies in war" so maybe they are low-balling it to save the feelings of the Georgians.

Or maybe he was just completely wrong. I wonder if he admitted that.

As for the book proposal in question, I recommend going with the Kremlin line: children's books are hot this year and you can't go wrong with a fairy tale.