[lbo-talk] German union open to Chinese ownership of Dresdner

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Aug 29 09:59:26 PDT 2008

German union open to Chinese ownership of Dresdner http://uk.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUKLR8584720080827?sp=true

Wed Aug 27, 2008

FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - German services trade union Verdi is open in principle to a takeover of Dresdner Bank by China Development Bank (CDB), it said on Wednesday.

"We have always said that we have nothing against foreign buyers and that it depends entirely on the sort of business model involved," a spokesman for the union said.

"The main thing for us is jobs preservation. Any plan that eliminates jobs is for us a bad plan," the spokesman added. http://uk.reuters.com/article/rbssFinancialServicesAndRealEstateNews/idUKLR8584720080827?sp=true