[lbo-talk] Congestion pricing may not hurt the poor, study finds

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Fri Aug 29 19:39:34 PDT 2008

To me flat means fewer income brackets and less rapidly rising rates. One way to look at it is whether there are any brackets above about the 80th percentile -- where all the money is -- with higher rates than on those below that level.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/228.html

Judge for yourself, but a quick glance tells me that when the rate goes up for people above median household income (about $60K), it's by a percentage point at most, and even that's not too common.