[lbo-talk] ninos de la noche

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Aug 30 07:34:48 PDT 2008

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I finally fell in. I couldn't help it. I watched a series of speeches
> and coldn't believe how good they were, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Clinton,
> Joe Biden, Al Gore, and then Barach Obama. (To hell with Hilary) I am
> so desparate for anything passing for something good, I finally got
> down, crying because it all sounded so great and I knew it was all
> bullshit.

Look. Hillary Clinton is a Democrat and a War Criminal, and would as president fulfill the standard murderous job-description of the office.

Secondly, there are few people on lbo-talk that I have admired over the years as much as Chuck Grimes.

BUT this paragraph seriously outrages, even viscerally repels me.

TGhe ONLY difference between Senator Clinton and th4e other names here is her gender.

This attitude, which many others on both lbo and pen-l have shown, makes me seriously fear for the possibility even of building a left in the u.s. Misogyny runs too deep among u.s. leftists.

Carrol