[lbo-talk] ninos de la noche

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Sat Aug 30 09:45:04 PDT 2008

> > I finally fell in. I couldn't help it. I watched a series of speeches
>> and coldn't believe how good they were, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Clinton,
>> Joe Biden, Al Gore, and then Barach Obama. (To hell with Hilary) I am
>> so desparate for anything passing for something good, I finally got
>> down, crying because it all sounded so great and I knew it was all
> bullshit.

>Look. Hillary Clinton is a Democrat and a War Criminal, and would as
>president fulfill the standard murderous job-description of the office.
>
>Secondly, there are few people on lbo-talk that I have admired over the
>years as much as Chuck Grimes.
>
>BUT this paragraph seriously outrages, even viscerally repels me.

I tend to agree with what you write here. There was also the very curious correct spelling of Kucinich's difficult last name but the obvious misspellings of "Barach" (confused with Spinoza?) and "Hilary," not mention that the latter did not warrant a last name.

But I also despair for a left that continually makes arguments based on the categories of international law: "War Criminal" (capitalized even) and "murderous" in a single sentence, in your case. This is Chomsky's whole schtick, no? International law is the same structure that helps guarantee the capitalist world order. Do you really think you can appeal to it for liberation from capitalism?