[lbo-talk] Russia confiscates papers that have a "political look"

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 11:25:17 PDT 2008

I'm refering to his accounts at the time and elsewhere, which were that the paper became economically unviable after investors pulled out after the paper had a visit from the inspectorate, which supposedly scared off the investors. That's why they had a fundraiser. If he says something different now, I suppose something must have changed. I don't see what your disagreement is. They were investigated, but they weren't actually shut down. The shutting down was because of no money.

Here's what he wrote at the time:

"The partners who'd financed us fled for the hills, leaving my publisher and me holding the debt-bomb in our hands." http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/06/the-end-of-the-exile.php