[lbo-talk] alaska's palin or...

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 11:27:16 PDT 2008

You've got the Governor's name wrong there:

Her name is Governor VECO, not Palin. VECO.

Seattle being the sort of gateway to Alaska in the lower 48, you get to talk to people who know how things work up there.

Alaska is not so much corrupts as it is a place where corruption is not even frowned on. And yet the Alaska Republican party is so bad that even Alaskans are disgusted by it.

McCain - the "maverick" who will "battle big oil" per his TV commercials - might as well have nominated an Exxon executive or Ted Stevens himself. The cynicism of this choice is just amazing.