[lbo-talk] Gallup.Com: Obama National Security Picks Get HighMarks

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Dec 2 12:57:21 PST 2008

>>> "Lenin's Tomb"

I doubt this signifies uncomplicated approval of the picks. I suspect that people voted for the 'lesser evil' - not because they necessarily like it, but because it was the best option they had in a narrow electoral spectrum - and that's what they're getting.

^^^^ CB: I think maybe there is a flaw in your thinking about the political thinking the vast majority of those who voted for O. Most of them do _not_ think like leftists on our group of email lists. Your speculation above assumes that they think like you. They don't. In this ( and all) US elections, most people did not think of themselves as voting for "the lesser of two evils" as if they were campus radicals from the 1960's.