[lbo-talk] Gallup.Com: Obama National Security Picks Get HighMarks

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:36:21 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Charles Brown < charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote:

> CB: I think maybe there is a flaw in your thinking about the political
> thinking the vast majority of those who voted for O. Most of them do _not_
> think like leftists on our group of email lists. Your speculation above
> assumes that they think like you. They don't,

If they did think like me, I should think otherwise. I fully agree that they don't. However, I also think that people are intelligent (if not always well informed), and are capable of detecting that Obama is appointing a cabinet that reflects a position to the right of theirs, but nonetheless see it as an improvement. This may be felt in an inchoate and volatile fashion (public opinion polls make little room for ideological celerity), it may not be expressed programmatically, but I think it is there,