[lbo-talk] blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 3 14:42:03 PST 2008

>From: Philip Pilkington <pilkingtonphil at gmail.com>

>Alternatively you could stick on an NWA record or something. I mean I'm not
>saying that every black guy is a homophobe, but it does seem to permeate the
>culture...

I forget, was Eminem in NWA?

http://www.nyrock.com/interviews/2001/eminem_int.asp

NYROCK: There has been much controversy over your liberal use of the word "faggot" and what people perceive as gay bashing. It's put you right in the line of fire from gay and lesbian groups the world over...

EMINEM: I'm not gay bashing. People just don't understand where I come from. "Faggot" to me doesn't necessarily mean gay people. "Faggot" to me just means... taking away your manhood. You're a sissy. You're a coward. Just like you might sit around in your living room and say, "Dude, stop, you're being a fag, dude."

NYROCK: But you can see how it would insult homosexuals?

EMINEM: Yeah, but it does not necessarily mean you're being a gay person. It just means you're being a fag. You're being an asshole or whatever. That's the way that the word was always taught to me. That's how I learned the word. Battling with somebody, you do anything you can to strip their manhood away.

NYROCK: Sometimes it seems that you enjoy creating a bit of ruckus. I wonder if "faggot" is really necessary ...

EMINEM: I come from Detroit where it's rough and I'm not a smooth talker. I am who I am and I say what I think. I'm not putting a face on for the record. When I started saying "faggot" on record, I started getting people going, "You have something against gay people," and I thought it was funny. Because I don't; I really don't. I have something against assholes, but I'm not into gay bashing. A lot of people are too stupid to understand it.

NYROCK: Your mouth got you in quite a lot of trouble. Would it be easier to bite back some remarks, to stop the misunderstandings? It might keep people from coming to your door and trying to fight you...

EMINEM: I don't think it would stop them. They'd think I'm a sissy and would really want to kick my ass. My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it. Why are these thoughts in my head? A lot of people think a lot worse shit than I do. They just don't say it. If I'm crazy enough to think it, then I'm crazy enough to say it. So who's worse? Come on, I mean somebody who thinks really weird fuckin' shit, shit I really don't want to think about. But I got nailed for saying just mildly sick shit. That's how I base my whole shit. I think there's a reason why I think this way. I don't think I say the things I say for no reason. I write it down and say it. You know, I call it being honest, but some sick asshole who does sick things on the sly and doesn't talk about it is cool?