[lbo-talk] blacks about as morally conservative as Republicans

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Dec 3 22:24:30 PST 2008

look, you may think it's not much, but let me tell you: working among people who can't bother to be p.c. about it? lemme tell you something: i went home on a daily basis last year during my first 6 months as the only white queer on the team, wanting regularly to rip some heads off, I was so incensed by what went on around me. i'll take p.c. any day over this shit i have to put up with.

you accept that white working class guys are blunt and un-pc, but somehow you can't fathom blacks are blunt and un-pc? i think that's pretty telling right there. shag

---------

Try to find your calm center. Remember I was addressing this:

``Blacks as Conservative as Republicans on Some Moral Issues One explanation: Black Democrats are much more religious than nonblack Democrats by Frank Newport..'' (thanks to Doug)

And secondarily, ``I don't even understand why there was uncertainty surrounding this issue. Anyone with any knowledge of contemporary black culture would know how laden with homophobia it is.'' by Philip Pilkington

So shag, your work environment is nasty? So was mine, and I was surrounded by sympathetic people on just about every political issue from queer rights to the intricacies of black culture in O-town. It's capitalism darling. It makes people shits. Try not to be one.

You're a big fan of close reading. ``you accept that white working class guys are blunt and un-pc, but somehow you can't fathom blacks..'

Try re-reading what I said. I said or intended to say black and white working class guys are blunt. The implication? This bluntness is about class.

And, here's the kicker around here. The working class I know have the same politics about queers. Live and let live. More explicitly we all voted no. Hence my question about the break down on how Alameda County voted, since it is about 40% black and a lot of the other 60% are hispanic or asian...

And now for the just-so stories. We all smoked. One black guy from O town, one guy who looked black but was from the Philippines, me and two other low life white guys. The white guys? One from O-town and one from the deepest, darkest, most scary white place of all, Louisianna---complete with girl brides at ten who may or may not be virgin, cousins with three eyes from inbreeding, the whole white trash tree with no branches.

Everyone of one us had issues with religion, especially the Philippino guy who went to old time Catholic school in Layete were the nuns used rulers.... The other black guy? Baptist family, who struggle back and forth with it. Remember we are all smoking on the church steps, a black church... and we all voted no.

I practically begged you to come out here and live free of whatever shit is clogging your mind and soul, remember? So what are these waves of Chuck-hate about?

CG